Product on saleBridal Silk Floral Party wear Saree in Lemon Yellow Color₹1,539.00
Product on saleDark Green Saree Golden Peacock Elephants Motif Design Red Border₹1,680.00
Product on saleGreen Rangoli Silk Embroidered Saree₹1,259.00
Product on saleBridal Navy Blue Floral Paithani Banarasi Silk Party wear Saree₹1,569.00
Product on saleBridal Disco Purple Floral Paithani Banarasi Silk Party wear Saree₹1,449.00
Product on saleBridal Everglade Green Peacock Motif Silk Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,349.00
Product on saleBridal Navy Blue Maroon Flush Peacock Motif Silk Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,349.00
Product on saleZuccini Green Peacock Motif Floral Silk Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,699.00
Product on saleBridal Rose Pink Peacock Motif Silk Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,699.00
Product on saleBuy Bridal Parsley Green Silk Saree Peacock Motif Zari Border Online₹1,699.00
Product on saleBridal Hot Cinnamon Yellow Peacock Motif Paithani Silk Party wear Saree₹2,499.00
Product on saleEbony Clay Blue Peacock Paithani Silk Party wear Saree₹2,499.00
Product on saleBridal Fuzzy Wuzzy Pink Peacock Motif Paithani Silk Party wear Saree₹2,499.00
Product on saleBridal Persian Red Peacock Motif Paithani Silk Party wear Saree₹2,499.00
Product on saleBridal Old Brick Red Peacock Motif Soft Silk Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,049.00
Product on saleBridal Steel Gray Blue Peacock Motif Soft Silk Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,049.00
Product on saleBridal Raw Sienna Yellow Peacock Motif Silk Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,049.00
Product on saleCasal Green Peacock Paithani Saree₹3,949.00
Product on saleHarvest Gold Peacock Paithani Silk Party wear Saree₹3,949.00
Product on saleCandy Apple Red Silk Paithani Party wear Saree₹3,949.00
Product on saleLunar Green Peacock Motif Paithani Party wear Saree₹3,978.00
Product on saleBridal Raw Sienna Yellow Peacock Motif Paithani Party wear Saree₹1,779.00
Product on saleBridal Red Peacock Motif Silk Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,248.00
Product on saleBridal Pink Night Shadz Peacock Motif Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,248.00
Product on saleThunder Blue Peacock Motif Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,248.00
Product on saleBridal Suva Gray Peacock Motif Paithani Party wear Saree₹2,014.00
Product on saleTall Poppy Red Floral Paithani Silk Party wear Saree₹2,619.00
Product on saleBridal Cardinal Red Floral Paithani Silk Party wear Saree₹2,089.00
Product on saleBuy Purple Silk Saree Floral Work Online₹1,249.00
Product on saleBridal Paithani Silk Peacock Party wear Saree in Green Kelp Color₹2,449.00
Product on saleBottle Green Peacock Paithani Silk Party wear Saree With Zari Woven Border₹2,344.00
Product on saleGold & Purple Banarasi Silk Jacquard Design Saree₹2,500.00
What Is The History Behind Paithani Sarees, And Where Did It Originate?
- Among Marathi sarees, the Paithani saree is very well known. It got its name after Paithan, a town in Maharashtra. Paithan, historically known as Pratiṣṭhana, is famous for silk handloom sarees. Paithani sarees are not alone celebrated in Maharashtra but all over the planet. This saree owns a distinguished legacy.
- Paithani saree originated around the 2nd century A.D when the Satvahana dynasty ruled. This saree kept flourishing during the era when the Mughals ruled India. To increase the popularity of the Paithani saree, Aurangzeb put many restrictions on the jamdani weavers, introducing various novelties to the appearance of this elegant saree.
- The Peshwas further boosted the production of Paithani Sarees through their unique ways of assisting their weavers. With time, the weavers of the Paithani sarees settled in Yeola with the help of the Peshwas.
- Moreover, now, Yeola produces the majority of Paithani sarees and distributes them to the world. The Paithani saree is an exorbitant premium saree classically interlaced in gold and silk fibre. It is a stamp of brilliant artistry, skillfully woven fabric. It is treated like an exquisite gem, transferred from generation to generation, mother to daughter, akin precious antique amid weddings and conventions.
- Its unique feature is that it is readily accessible in both six as well as nine yards, the fascinating part being that it looks the same on both sides having the same design inclusive of the border and pallu. Thus, is a significant characteristic of the Paithani silk saree.
What Raw Materials Are Predominantly Needed To Weave Authentic Paithani Sarees?
The raw materials predominantly used to weave Authentic Paithani sarees are:-
- Mulberry silk, the most desirable variety of this fibre, has roots in China. Here the silkworms feed on the leaves of the Mulberry tree leading to cocoons twirled into high-quality silk fibre.
- Zari, a sophisticated twirling of fibre compromising gold and silver, is woven into a fabric with complex patterns.
What Makes Paithani Sarees So Unique?
So what makes these sarees distinctive from India’s equivalent popular handloom drapes? View along to know:
- Paithani sarees are radiant designs that hold a constant shine. Unlike some silk sarees, their gloss will not wane with age.
- An Authentic Paithani saree is produced with 500 gms of silk yarn, including 250 gms from silver or gold zari fibres, delivering the most valuable drapes that money can acquire.
- Added vital characteristic is that while reversing any Paithani saree, one cannot differentiate between the top and bottom sides since both seem identical.
- These sarees usually use raw dyes, so all reach restricted colour preferences like magenta, red, yellow, green, purple, peach, and more.
- The pallu is constantly vividly coloured, moreover within a divergent tone from the essence of the saree.
- Specific motifs or butis covering the saree remain profoundly motivated by nature, including patterns like a peacock, parrot (tota), blossoms and creepers, mango mold (Koyari), bangle, and many more.
What Are The Different Varieties Concerning Paithani Sarees?
The most popular varieties of Paithani saree that justify a spot inside a saree lover’s closet are:
- Bangadi mor Paithani saree :
In Maharashtra, “bangadi” is referred to as bangle, and “mor” implies peacock. Hence “bangadi mor” suggests a peacock within a bangle or a peacock knitted in the form of a bangle. This motif is customarily spun over the pallu. Motif remains one of the usually encountered patterns concerning the Paithani saree.
2. Ek dhoti knitted Paithani saree :
For the Ek dhoti knitted Paithani saree, one shuttle is usually needed for the knitting of the woof. The colour of the warp thread is distinguishable from that of the weft fleece. Ek dhoti sarees have a narali border and straightforward butti creations such as coins or peas!
3. Paithani sarees in classic shades :
Paithani sarees, at a glance, are stunning in every shade, though the three large typical shades are kali Chandra Kala (pure black saree with a red borderland), Raghu (parrot green dye), and Shirodak (refined white).
4. Brocade Paithani :
Many types of Paithani sarees streak the edge of the sarees with brocade. The better detailed the creation of brocade, the more costly the saree will be!
5. Munia Brocade Paithani :
“Munia” suggests a parrot in Marathi. Parrots are incorporated on the pallu and the borderland in this saree style. These parrots exist consistently in leafy green dye and are sometimes even understood as “tota-maina”!
How To Determine A Genuine Paithani Saree From An Artificial Or Fake Saree?
Paithani sarees are work-intensive weaves and are relatively pricey too. More reasonable and artificial interpretations reached the market to fulfil the heightened need for these sarees. So, how do you comprehend if the Paithani sari being purchased stands authentic or bogus? Observe these suggestions documented beneath:
- Foremost, analyze the borderland of the saree. When purchasing, one should notice the identical design on the upper side when switching the boundary without any dissimilarity. The artificial sarees contain a net of yarns behind them.
- Authentic handwoven Paithani saris stand fabricated in restricted colours. If sold in something significantly distinguishable from the traditional colour palette, believe it is a factory-made creation.
- Genuine Paithani sarees stand weighty and hold a wealthy gloss. Mechanized loom sarees contain a rough texture with a low-grade polish that won’t survive prolonged.
- Authentic Paithani saris stand priced higher and begin from 6000 rupees to up to a few tens of thousands and occasionally even lakhs (if refined gold is utilized). More inferior ones can commence from thousand rupees as well.
How To Take Care And Maintain The Quality Of A Paithani Saree?
When purchasing a Paithani saree, one must reminisce that it is not just a fragment of fabric but a slice of rich Maharashtrian culture and exquisite legacy. So, it’s necessary to take the proper maintenance of this exceptional weave:
- Paithani Silk Sarees should never be washed by hand or put in a washing machine.
- It is always a great idea to dry clean this saree to preserve its gloss and sheen.
- This stunning silk saree should never be dried in direct sunlight as the saree will lose colour under the sun.
- Avoid bundling up the saree as the yarns and the beautiful embroidered zari work will get entangled.
- Avoid storing the saree in plastic bags or covers to avoid gold embroidery turning black.
- Consistently keep your Paithani sari in a velvety and uninfected Muslin fabric. You can utilize a cotton saree sack as well.
- Please do not use any scents or chemicals on the saree, as they can destroy its looks.
- Hold the saree out away from naphthalene balls or wardrobe fresheners.
- Once in a while, Bring the saree out for some air.
- After every usage, revise the folds.
- Don’t keep the saree in moist and soggy spots, as doing so can harm the colour and surface.